How to Clean Your Car Dashboard
Your dashboard is one of the first parts of your car’s interior you — as well as your front-seat passenger — see when entering. However, the dash is often overlooked during routine car cleanings. If you’re wondering how to clean a car dashboard, CarHop is here to help! Check out our guide below to learn more about what you’ll need and the steps to take to get your used car‘s dash sanitary and sparkling clean!
Cleaning the Car Dashboard: Materials & Steps
Start by gathering the items you’ll need to thoroughly clean your car’s dashboard, including:
- Vacuum with a brush attachment
- Clean microfiber cloth
- Water and soap mixture
- Soft paintbrush
Once you have all of the above materials, follow these steps to get your car’s dashboard looking its best:
- Use the vacuum with the brush attachment to vacuum up any dust and debris from the dashboard, so you have a clean surface.
- Take your microfiber cloth and dip it in the water and soap mixture. Use the cloth to wipe the dashboard, as well as the steering wheel, shift knob, handbrake, and other hard surfaces inside your vehicle.
- Cleaning small crevices, such as air vents, can be tricky and you’ll need something other than a cloth. You can use a soft paintbrush to clean your air vents and other parts of your car’s interior that are too delicate for hard-bristle brushes.
- After you’ve cleaned your dashboard, it’s time to add some shine! Put a small amount of polish on a clean cloth and rub it over the surface of the dash and center console. Go over the polished surfaces with a dry cloth to remove any excess.
- Add a homemade car air freshener for a finishing touch! Later, you can also use dryer sheets to wipe down your dash and keep it fresh and clean.
And that’s all there is to it! If you have any questions or want more tips on how to clean dashboard surfaces and crevices effectively, CarHop can help!
Rely on CarHop for Easy DIY Car Care Tips!
From showing you how to clean inside of a car dashboard with a paintbrush to giving you tips like how to use Coca-Cola to clean rust off your car, CarHop loves sharing our knowledge about easy and cheap car maintenance hacks. Whether you’re shopping for a new-to-you car or have questions about the steps above, contact us today or visit your local CarHop location.
More DIY Car “Hacks” from CarHop
Why pay more than you have to? These grocery tips can save you a bundle. 1. Where you shop If you only go to your local grocery chain for everything, you might be missing an opportunity to shave some dollars off your bill. Aldi is a great alternative in many cities. Their approach to providing…
Dryer sheets can do more than freshen your clothes! You can use their odor-eliminating power to your advantage when cleaning your car. From freshening the scent of your car’s interior to removing dead bugs from the exterior to reducing pet hair, dryer sheets are all-around good news for your used car. Learn how to clean…
Your dashboard is one of the first parts of your car’s interior you — as well as your front-seat passenger — see when entering. However, the dash is often overlooked during routine car cleanings. If you’re wondering how to clean a car dashboard, CarHop is here to help! Check out our guide below to learn…