How to Clean a Car with Dryer Sheets
Dryer sheets can do more than freshen your clothes! You can use their odor-eliminating power to your advantage when cleaning your car. From freshening the scent of your car’s interior to removing dead bugs from the exterior to reducing pet hair, dryer sheets are all-around good news for your used car. Learn how to clean a car with dryer sheets below!
Using Dryer Sheets as a Car Freshener
True, air fresheners aren’t necessarily expensive, but dryer sheets are just a few pennies a sheet — and they’re great at removing odors. Follow these easy steps to freshen your car and make it more welcoming for you and your passengers:
- Clean up your car; remove any trash, clothes, wrappers, cups, etc.
- Buy your favorite dryer sheets, and add 2 to 10 sheets to your car, placing them throughout the interior.
- Take a dryer sheet and rub it over the fabric and soft surfaces in your car, especially the seats.
- Place a dryer sheet under each seat. These sheets will give off a fresh scent for up to three months, depending on the climate where you live. Replace as needed.
- For added convenience, store a few spare dryer sheets in a plastic bag in your glove compartment. Use these to replace any old sheets on the go.
Using Dryer Sheets to Remove Dead Bugs
Everyone loves a road trip, but no one loves the dead insects that accumulate on the windshield or front bumper after a long drive. Using dryer sheets makes it easy to remove dead bugs from your car and keep it looking its best. Here’s how:
- Fill an empty spray bottle with water.
- Roll up a dryer sheet and place it inside the water bottle.
- Shake the bottle and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Spray the bumper and other areas.
- Use a dry dryer sheet to clean the surface.
- Repeat the process as necessary until your car’s clean.
Using Dryer Sheets to Remove Pet Hair
There are many ways to remove pet hair from your car. One easy and cheap method is to use dryer sheets. Take a dryer sheet and run it over the seats, floors, and other areas of your car to gather up pet hair. The friction caused by running the dryer sheet over a soft surface, such as fabric seats, allows you to remove the hair with minimal work. Plus, the dryer sheets leave behind a pleasant scent!
Get More Cost-Cutting Suggestions from CarHop!
When you need suggestions for how to clean a car on a budget, CarHop has you covered. Interested in more of our tips? Learn how to make your own car air freshener from scratch or how to clean your car’s air vents with a paintbrush. Contact us to learn more about our inventory or visit your local CarHop location!
More DIY Auto Maintenance Tips from CarHop
Dryer sheets can do more than freshen your clothes! You can use their odor-eliminating power to your advantage when cleaning your car. From freshening the scent of your car’s interior to removing dead bugs from the exterior to reducing pet hair, dryer sheets are all-around good news for your used car. Learn how to clean…
Your dashboard is one of the first parts of your car’s interior you — as well as your front-seat passenger — see when entering. However, the dash is often overlooked during routine car cleanings. If you’re wondering how to clean a car dashboard, CarHop is here to help! Check out our guide below to learn…
Whether you’re not so fond of that Sci-Fi show you used to watch or your kid got creative with their sticker booklet, removing stickers from your used car can help keep it looking its best. Fortunately, keeping your vehicle sticker-free is easy with the correct products and a little elbow grease. Read on to get…