CarHop Helps You Find the Best Oil Change Deals
Having your oil changed is vital — it’s the lifeblood of your vehicle. As such, you’ll want to find the best oil change deals, and that should involve:
- Using Synthetic Fluid
- Checking for Specials
- Shopping Around
Let’s take a closer look at why oil changes are so important and how you can cut down on the associated costs.
Why Have Your Oil Changed?
For such an inexpensive product, motor oil has a huge effect on your vehicle. Unfortunately, oil becomes contaminated over time — it may also leak away. That’s why you should get regular scheduled oil changes to ensure:
- Proper Lubrication: Oil helps all the moving parts under your hood stay lubricated, preventing metal-on-metal contact.
- Proper Cooling: Moving parts create friction, which produces heat. A sufficient supply of oil prevents friction, so overheating shouldn’t be a problem.
- Proper Cleaning: Wear particles and other buildups can develop in your engine — oil flushes them away.
- Proper Efficiency: Poor engine lubrication leads to increased fuel consumption. Unless you want to spend more time and money at the pump, make sure you replace your engine oil.
Most vehicle manufacturers recommend drivers replace the oil and oil filter every 7,500 miles, but this differs between makes and models. Check your owner’s manual to find out when you need to have the oiled changed.
How Can You Get a Low-Price Oil Change?
Oil changes aren’t particularly expensive, but it’s always worth saving a couple of bucks when you can. With that in mind, you should:
- Use Synthetic Fluid: It’s actually more expensive at first, but synthetic engine oil lasts longer than traditional motor oil, so you’ll end up saving in the long run.
- Check for Specials: Manufacturers, mechanics, and dealership service centers often offer specials to help you save, so check if any in your area are providing discounted oil changes.
- Shop Around: Don’t just stick with the same mechanic. Look to national retail chains to get your oil change cheaper.
CarHop Experts Know All About the Best Place for an Oil Change
With a wide array of used vehicles at locations across the country, the CarHop team is a trusted source of automotive tips and tricks. Whether you’d like to explore Buy Here Pay Here financing or learn how to save on maintenance, contact us today.