Looking for the Best Things to Do in Council Bluffs?
Those in search of fun things to do in Council Bluffs will quickly find themselves inundated with tempting options, including:
- Live music and record stores
- Ditmars Orchard
- Union Pacific Railroad Museum
- Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium
Let’s take a closer look at each one to identify some winning local destinations for your next day or evening out on the town!
Here Are Some of Our Favorite Things to Do in Council Bluffs
- Live Music and Record Stores: Council Bluffs locals head to The Waiting Room Lounge in nearby Omaha for the latest up-and-comers. The same address once paid host to legendary performers like Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Jesus Lizard! Other popular live music venues in the area include The Slowdown, and you pick up rare and vintage records by visiting Kanesville Kollectibles right here in Council Bluffs.
- Restaurants: In the mood for tacos or other classic Mexican dishes? Pay a visit to Primo’s, and enjoy authentic Mexican cuisine in your very own backyard. If you want small town diner classics like chicken fried steak, breakfast skillets, and tenderloin, your first stop should be Duncan’s Café. Looking to celebrate a special occasion? You can enjoy quality cuts of meat on the 12th floor of the Harrah’s Hotel and Casino when you book a table at the 360 Steakhouse.
- Ditmars Orchard: A family favorite since 1994, this beautifully maintained apple orchard lets you pick fruit and pumpkins and provides tractor-pulled rides to keep your kids entertained. It’s the perfect place for families of all ages and a great idea when you need to fill those warm summer days.
- Union Pacific Railroad Museum: Set in downtown Council Bluffs in a stunning Beaux Arts-style building, the Union Pacific Railroad Museum celebrates the one hundred thirty-fourth anniversary of the completion of the transcontinental railroad. View exhibits that chronicle the history of the rails!
- Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium: Celebrated by TripAdvisor as “the world’s best zoo,” Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium lets you get up close and personal with animals native to the African Savannah, Antarctic Tundra, and everywhere in between. It features the largest cat complex in North America, along with the world’s largest nocturnal exhibit and indoor swamp.
There’s a Host of Fun Things to Do in Council Bluffs
As a go-to destination for used cars sales in Council Bluffs and the surrounding areas, our team knows all best things going on in and around town! Explore our local inventory online, or contact us today to find out more.
More About Iowa-Area Attractions from CarHop
Those in search of fun things to do in Council Bluffs will quickly find themselves inundated with tempting options, including: Live music and record stores Restaurants Ditmars Orchard Union Pacific Railroad Museum Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium Let’s take a closer look at each one to identify some winning local destinations for your next…
Image courtesy of Sioux-City.org There are so many things to do in Sioux City that no list could ever be complete, but we’ve nonetheless put together a list of our favorites. CarHop Locations Sioux City Inventory Cone Park It doesn’t matter what time of year it is, you can always enjoy a trip to Cone…
Contact UsFind a CarHop Near You You’ll have a tough time running out of things to do in Des Moines. From a day at the races to a night at the rink, the city is teeming with activities and attractions that are easy to reach in your next car. Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Hotel Altoona’s…