Don’t Miss These Fun Things to Do in Colorado Springs, CO
It doesn’t matter if you’re in the mood for a physical challenge or a night of culture – you’ll find something fun to do in Colorado Springs. Just a few top attractions include:
- White Water Rafting
- Manitou Incline
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
- Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center
- ProRodeo Hall of Fame
- The Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum
Great Things to Do in Colorado Springs this Weekend
- White Water Rafting: Fancy some adrenaline-inducing fun? You’ll find a wide range of river trips by visiting the famous Royal Gorge, just under 60 miles outside of Colorado Springs. You can take a scene float or a multi-day trip, and there are plenty of challenging rapids to pass through. No matter your budget or skill level, you’ll find an option to suit.
- Manitou Incline: The Manitou Incline might only be 1 mile long, but it covers nearly 2,000 feet of elevation and 2,744 steps. One of the most unique trails in the country, it attracts everyone from Olympic athletes to hiking enthusiasts.
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo: At an elevation of 6,800 feet above sea level, the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is the highest zoo in America. It’s also home to more than 800 species, including the world’s largest giraffe herd in captivity – and yes, you can hand-feed them.
- Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center at Colorado College: Offering an enormous permanent collection of American art alongside a mix of professional musicals, comedies, and dramas, Colorado College is where you go to catch the cultural zeitgeist. They even offer art classes by working artists.
- The ProRodeo Hall of Fame: Opened in 1979 to preserve the legacy of the cowboy contests, this is the only museum in the world devoted exclusively to the sport of professional rodeo. Exhibits feature artwork and artifacts.
- The Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum: Found downtown in a beautifully restored 1903 El Paso County Courthouse, the Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum preserves the history and culture of the Pikes Peak region with numerous permanent exhibits covering the history of the area.
Explore Free Things to Do in Colorado Springs and Things to Do in Colorado Springs Tonight
We’ve been offering used car sales to Colorado Springs residents for years, so we know all the best activities and attractions the area has to offer! Visit us today to find out more, or check out our local inventory.