Don’t Miss These Fun Things to Do in Appleton, WI
Our list of fun things to do in Appleton could run a mile long, but we’ve forced ourselves down to some featured favorites. Just a few of our favorite destinations, local events, and/or free things to do in Appleton include:
- Signature Local Restaurants
- Bubolz Nature Preserve
- History Museum
- Neuroscience Group Field at Fox Cities Stadium
- Mile of Music
Museums, Music, and Mother Nature in Appleton
- Local Restaurants: Find Mediterranean dishes made using locally grown, seasonal produce at Apollon, enjoy American favorites with a twist at Stone Arch Brewpub, or tantalize your taste buds with delicious Indian fare at Sai Ram.
- Bubolz Nature Preserve: Dedicated to conservation and teaching visitors about the environment, the Bubolz Nature Preserve offers a great education center set among a heap of natural outdoor landscapes, each with their fair share of fun activities. You’ll find plenty of trails for hiking, walking, and even cross-country skiing.
- History Museum: If you possess even a passing interest in the history of Appleton and the Fox Valley, visiting the History Museum at the Castle is a must! Owned and operated by the Outagamie County Historical Society, it offers collections and exhibits that weave together national and local events. You can also take advantage of educational programming, with exhibits and workshops for adults, families, and students.
- Neuroscience Group Field at Fox Cities Stadium: In the past, it’s been the Fox Cities Stadium and the Time Warner Cable Field. Whatever the name, here is where you’ll catch Midwest League games from the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers and Class-A minor league action from the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Mile of Music: There are plenty of live music venues in Appleton, but nothing quite compares to the magic of Mile of Music. Set along a one-mile stretch of Downtown Appleton, this annual event hosts around 200 up-and-coming artists performing live and free across four days in August; acts range from indie rock and R&B to jazz and country. While music lovers unfortunately can’t enjoy the Mile’s festivities year-round, you can still stop into The Exclusive Company, America’s oldest full-line independent record store, any day of the week to pick up the latest releases from your favorite artists on CD and vinyl.
Your Source for Fun and Free Things to Do in Appleton
From adventures you can enjoy in town this weekend to cultural happenings tonight in Appleton and around the Fox Cities that you won’t want to miss, the CarHop of Appleton team is always willing to point you in the right direction. Contact us today to find out more, or visit our newly-opened Appleton location!
More About Wisconsin-Area Attractions from CarHop
The Fox Cities encompass the cities of Appleton, Kaukauna, Menasha, and Neenah. If you’re looking for an exciting way to pass the time, you’re in luck! The Fox Cities are situated along the Fox River, making it prime territory for reserves, nature parks, top-rated waterfront breweries and restaurants, and more. Learn more about fun things…
Image courtesy of the Connell’s Supper Club Nestled in the beautiful Northwoods of Wisconsin next to Lake Wissota, Chippewa Falls is a beautiful community with an abundance of offerings for locals and visitors alike. With that in mind, check out this list of some of the best things to do in Chippewa Falls, WI this…
Our list of fun things to do in Appleton could run a mile long, but we’ve forced ourselves down to some featured favorites. Just a few of our favorite destinations, local events, and/or free things to do in Appleton include: Contact Us Signature Local Restaurants Bubolz Nature Preserve History Museum Neuroscience Group Field…